Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.


There's a coup going on in this blog. A regime change is highly probable.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Canteen Chronicles- I

8:45 am > hopped into a shuttle cab hoping to make it to college in time for the 2nd period. I was cautioned by the professor concerned (a freak called JM in this case) for poor attendance in his lectures.

9:05 am> left the cab and began scurrying to the main building.

9:07 am> ETA: 1minute, location: near college canteen; got an sms…It read ,“Aaj JM er class hobe na, 3rd period ND”. [Prof/Punk JM wont be taking his class today and the next period was a non-departmental subject where in the significance of attendance is ludicrous]

FLASHBACK:-
The jarring tone of my alarm clock disrupted my sleep and I got up, reluctantly, trying to remember why I had set the alarm to go off at 7:00am. “It’s a Tuesday…and Tuesday’s have …holysh*t! JM’s class!!” I zipped off to the bathroom. As my luck would have it, Mom overslept so the situation boiled down to the “red pill blue pill choice” (as in matrix). Blue pill: I get my breakfast but forget JM’s class and Red pill: I skip my bread but get to his class in time…Found myself in Neo’s shoes as I chose the red pill…Buses are really scarce on the route I take for college…usually the mini bus is the preference as you get a seat (but the trade off is that it takes longer to reach the exide crossing) but when in a time crunch CSTC bus is the one I choose (though passengers are stuffed into those buses like anything)…so sacrificing my comfort for speed, I took CSTC bus no.5…to further nip off travel time, a shuttle cab (from exide to college) seemed essential. (Finding a shuttle cab ain’t easy… had to entice a driver into driving to college)

9:10 am> still standing there, I didn’t move an inch… contemplating my next move

9:12 am> found myself seated at the cornermost table. “Life sucks and how!” didn’t feel like going back home right away so I ordered a coke and chicken samosa (which is just a misnomer because the chicken’s a blink n miss)

9:16 am> still nibbling at the samosa and sipping coke; I felt like a jack-ass...had to kill time somehow…willy nilly I began observing my surrounding …

                                           < to be concluded >

No comments: