Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.


There's a coup going on in this blog. A regime change is highly probable.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Quick 10: A verbal duel which never took place...

They say “Silence is golden especially when it’s the professor who’s shooting the question”…

The following Q&A takes place between a motor mouth Prof and a student who is in the Prof's crosshair and is being peppered by rhetoric questions. As per the norm, he remains mute but chooses to answer the questions within himself…


1)Prof: “For the pain I take in lecturing you on such complex subject, I think I deserve a pin-drop silence. Can I have it?”
S: Then you should keep mum too…in order to have a pin drop silence in the class. Btw the use of 4 "I"s in your rant explains the egotist in you.

2) Prof: “Isn’t this (topic) engaging enough to cajole you into using your ears rather than mouth?”
S: Is that a trick question? cuz, on using my ears to effect, the topic goes in through one and goes out of the other...BTW, did you mention Kajol?? She's my fave!

3) Prof: “Let me tell you that these things are important from exam point of view. Don’t you care?”
S: Certainly Sir!! I hereby earmark these notes to be placed in the loo on the D-day

4) Prof: “Your indifference to studies displays your lax attitude towards society. Do you plead guilty?”
S: Me, Lax??? Sez who? Timely addas, hangouts, get togethers, booze parties etc. are indicative of our indulgence and concern for society. We have single handedly kept weed/liquor industry alive & kicking. We stay up till wee hours to cope up with our hectic schedule.

5) Prof: “Any idea about how much the government is spending on your education?”
S: I googled it once, got the figures but the math for the spending per student got a bit complicated. But I do know about the 2 crores that were siphoned off. Must admit that it was a masterpiece on your………

6)Prof:  “You are answerable to the public whose hard earned money you are blowing. How do you feel about that?”
S:  Aren't you answerable too?? Are you being paid to rip-off that textbook onto the board?? the way I see it, I should feel no different from what you do.

7) Prof: “How dare you think that your don’t –give- a- damn care-freeness would be patronized by me?”
S: Let’s say after a rational, judicious and logical consideration! Take a chill pill dude!

8) Prof: “You’ll sweat trying to mug up these notes which are being taught to you so lucidly, so how about paying some attention here?”
 S: I tried to pay “attention” but it says “we accept only cash/card”

9) Prof: “What kind of engineer do you aspire to become with such inferior technical aptitude?”
 S: Are you kiddin’ me? Engineers? Hah….skilled labor should have been more appropriate.

10)Prof: “ I’ll make sure that my assessment of your poor conduct in class reaches your parents. How do you think they’ll react?”
 S: Depends on who’s more adept at bluffing…

                                 *                 *                  *

1 comment:

Abhishek said...

Ha Ha... well blogged.. surely this is reality in PESU, Zhibpur EE