Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.


There's a coup going on in this blog. A regime change is highly probable.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A fleeting respite from ennui...

“The absence of stress is synonymous with the presence of boredom”…and Boy! Am I bored! After spending the latter half of 2009 under bone crushing stress, I feel there’s a lull around me…that’s so hideous of life…gotta be wary about the future.As always, the sticky situations must be waiting just round the corner, ganged up, ready to pounce…
                                **              **               **
So here I was, trying desperately to concentrate on jotting down whatever the Professor was spewing, when an occasional glance out of the window got me transfixed upon a human form gracefully walking with confident measured steps and at a pace which suggested she’s (Oh yes! a PYT) a woman of the world and had things under her fingertips; that coupled with her poise + body language made the view quite engaging to be precise. Her hair tied up neatly, apparently no make-up, that casual tee n jeans combo and from my position I could give a ball park figure of her vital stats. Her topography was commendable by any standards. So, even as these thoughts bubbled inside me she continued the walk in slow-mo or so it appeared and was soon going to be out of visual range. This realization sank my heart a li’l ... dejected I turned around to find my professor staring at me. “If you have any urge of going outside, you may go ahead <after a brief pause> but forget your attendance…” Needless to say, I felt like darting out leaving behind a “Thank You so much, Sucker!” but courage failed me yet again. Attendance is what justifies me braving those stupid classes + it never pays to irk a professor in an autonomous government college, quite similar to challenging a lion in its own den.
Thus, I let this “la belle femme” slip by…The silver lining in all this: managed to chuck out 2 of those 45 minutes of sheer, unadulterated boredom.

*P.S.: Eventually found out that she’s an MBA student and has a full-time muse + a wannabe boyfriend to her credit. Looks like I’m not the only one with an eye for aesthetics :(

2 comments:

Abhishek said...

Is that the girl whom I know?? Awarded some scholarship or job offer from some sutta..

Gogol said...

@abhishek : Keno bhai raaz fash korchis...na boss se na...she was something else...Or songe ekta Rambo ghure berato...after all precious commodity (this girl; plz, no disrespect towards women intended)er security lage.